Office Administration Volunteering Opportunity
CREST Waltham Forest runs services in Waltham Forest and surrounding boroughs in the areas of mental health, disability, dementia, community engagement and the arts.
We currently are in need of Office Support Volunteers primarily to act as receptionist for CREST Waltham Forest, supporting the work we do through assisting the various projects with administration tasks. You will represent CREST Waltham Forest to visitors including service users, professionals and members of the public.
- Answering the main phone line, directing calls to staff and taking messages
- Greeting visitors, offering them a tea or coffee on arrival and making them welcome in the reception area before notifying the staff member that they have a visitor
- Ensuring that visitors sign the visitors’ book on reception
- Dealing with enquiries about CREST’s services and providing information where appropriate
- Collecting the mail from the mailbox and distributing it to the relevant person, taking mail to the post box at the end of the day
- Helping to prepare bulk mailings
- Keeping reception areas tidy and presentable
- Keeping office supplies and refreshments stocked up
- Assisting staff by photocopying forms and information and making phone calls to outside agencies for information
- Report repairs and maintenance issues to a member of staff
- Attend any relevant training to the role
- Other reasonable tasks as and when required
Skills and experience
- Good communication skills – ability to talk to, and welcome a wide range of people to the service
- Ability to follow instructions and work unsupervised
- Basic IT skills
- Good organisational skills
Minimum time commitment of half a day a week. Volunteers are required between the periods of 9.30am and 5.30pm (half day = either 9.30am to 1.30pm or 1.30pm to 5.30pm).
Expenses and Location
The main office of CREST Waltham Forest at Unit 1, The Mews, 2a Truro Road, Walthamstow, London E17 7BY.
We will reimburse reasonable travel expenses and provide up to £4.50 for lunch expenses. A form is available to submit for expenses. Receipts must be provided for all reimbursement.
Training and support
An induction will be provided and any training that is required.
How to apply
In the first instance, phone 020 8521 2975