Thinkarts – Promoting Mental Well-being through Artistic Expression
Since 2011, CREST has had responsibility for delivering Thinkarts across a wide area of north-east London.
The brief of Thinkarts is to promote well-being through artistic expression. Thinkarts! has a large membership of mental health users who contribute to its development. During this period it has arranged. It seeks project-based funding from trusts and local authority arts commissioners. A number of creative projects have taken place in the last year:
- Workshops were laid on for thinkarts! members by the Victoria and Albert Museum
- “Inside Georgie’s World” and another exhibition by member Joyce Whittle was put on in the exhibition space at Harmony Hall
- A summer photography project, “Capture This”, was run in collaboration with the National Citizen Service
- An arts workshop tookplace at Vestry House Museum
- thinkarts! members participated in Daily Life’s “Roving Diagnostic Unit” at the William Morris Gallery
- During the year a thinkarts! newsletter was initiated
- Funding was received from Southwark Cathedral’s Mission Allocation Group and a fundraiser was organised by the Backyard Comedy Club.
For further information about thinkarts!, contact Neesha Badhan at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our Facebook page here